Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Challenges of Selling a Home with a Business

Prepare yourself. This is not a pretty picture!

001

This shows a fraction of the mess I make when getting together an order or listing items for sale on the web. Add to that a move.

I have 100 times more than shown all tucked away out of sight. Really, at least 100 times what is shown. It will take every surface in every room to organize this for sale, yard sale or moving preparation. Although we do NOT pack ourselves, decisions on what goes to the new location have to be made now.

We are/were waiting on an offer dependent upon someone’s travel schedule. And, we were waiting for another showing…for the past 10 days. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

I cleaned, as in Windex, dusting, vacuuming and mopping almost 4000 square feet just about every day for those days. And, the above mess, which will spread out on half that space with only pathways soon, takes at least a 16 hour day and lots of physical labor to gather up for a showing. Add another cleaning before it is shown, and you see the challenge.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to communicate this to the key people around me. You can find me on the sofa, in the fetal position, with a bag of chips, frozen yogurt and possibly a forbidden coca cola.

6 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

Oh Nancy, it's all going to be so worth it though. I'm so curious how this all got started. It may be somewhere here on your blog.. but I've not read it. How does one GET all these wonderful supplies. Yes, I know it's a business, but did you collect over the years? Just curious. Don't worry about answering, I know your way busy. Oh.. and a little coca cola never REALLY hurt anyone. You gotta keep your strength up right.. HA!

Nancy said...

One of my FB friends says, "Lets make sure there is a shot of rum or even Jack Daniels in that Coke ! May help - won't hurt ! ! " Hmmmm...now how much more would I get done? Probably more than the nothing going on now!!! :-)

LuLu Kellogg said...

Oh Nancy.....bless your heart. I wish I lived closer to you so I could come and help you on the days you have a showing. I would help you in a heartbeat.

LuLu♥

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness! You sure have your hands full but I admire you for doing all that in such a short time. Bless your heart!

Jillian said...

Wow! That is a lot of inventory... hang in there! The waiting will be over soon.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hang in there, Nancy! And you can always come here to vent...

XO,

Sheila