Friday, January 20, 2012

Pink Floral Little Pillow Complete!

This small pillow is ring bearer size, 8.5 x 8.5 inches. My friend pointed out that her mother had a little pillow she hung from a ribbon and kept her brooches on. Great idea. The materials are listed below the picture.
pinkringbearerpillow1

Materials:
  • Flower detail pink pillow8 1/2 inch pillow form, ring bearer size
  • One fat quarter Cohama/Riverdale vintage new “Celia” fabric
  • One yard of 3 inch ribbon loop chalk white fringe inserted and sewn in place.
  • 9 inches each of chalk white 3 inch ribbon loop fringe and 2 inch rose petal ribbon loop fringe wound to make a rosette and slip stitched securely in place.
  • Vintage pearl and crystal pin on the top.
  • Rosette could be snipped off to wear as a pin or hair clip by adding either of those backings. (Wonderful way to remember your wedding day!)
  • The back has a slip pocket finish so the cover comes off easily.
What would I do with this little precious?
    pinkringbearerpillow
  • Add a side to side coordinating ribbon on top to hang from a wall hanger or hook or door handle. Add more vintage pins to show off a collection.
  • Add a ribbon in the center by winding it around the rosette to hold a ring.
  • If it was used in my wedding, I would remove the rosette and add a hair clip or pin back, and wear it as a reminder of my special day.
  • Or, just set it in a cherished spot to admire!


Pink Saturday is hosted by How Sweet the Sound.

(If you are interested, the pillow is $40 with shipping or I can make one kit minus the vintage pin for $25. Also, if you have an etsy shop, I am going to do a treasury of Pink Saturday participants if I get enough people to leave a comment that they have an etsy shop. Of course, my items will not be in that treasury. Just thought it would be fun.)

13 comments:

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

It turned out beautiful. Great job Nancy.

Lorraine said...

Oh, it's just gorgeous!! Perfection!! Happy Pink Saturday!! ♥♥♥ Lorraine

Ms. Burrito said...

So pretty!

Come and see my PINK, you can also link with my Color Connection meme. Happy Pink Saturday.

Christine said...

Gorgeous pillow!!! Love your loop finge flowers!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Such a pretty pillow!
HPS!
♥ Jil

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Fantastic! I loved the idea of wearing the pin after the wedding to remember the special day. You out did yourself! Gorgeous.

LV said...

That is such a pretty and great idea.

Shabbybabybags said...

Nancy, I love this!

Elaine said...

This takes my breath away.. So very pretty..

1CardCreator said...

Very pretty. So glad I saw you at Beverly's Pink Saturday. ~Diane

bohemiannie! art said...

That is beautiful! I love the idea of putting your brooches on a small pillow!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine said...

How lovely! I'm late visiting for Pink Saturday, but hope you had a great one!

Marti said...

Your pillow is gorgeous! You picked the perfect fabric for it.